28 February 2015

Your Life Is Perfect

Your Life is Perfect

One day you're going to look back on your life and realize it was perfect - absolutely perfect. That everything good and bad that ever happened to you was perfect ... and that there were in fact no failures, only opportunities and experiences. If you can come to that realization today, your life will always be good.

I have recently posted similar verbiage on my Facebook page and I got some interesting replies. Some people understood completely what I was referring to, while others seemed to think I was minimizing pain, loss, suffering, and tragedy and suggesting that nothing bad ever happens to us. 

Facebook is generally a poor choice for posting articles that require a lengthy discussion but I post my Genesology Blog articles there anyway. It's kind of my ministry of Truth. So now I will go into a bit more detail in this article explaining what I mean by this seemingly strange statement.

The truth is that we all have ups and downs in life. We all have experiences that scare us, challenge us, or even completely unravel us. And yes, obviously there are times when tragedy strikes. Sometimes something truly horrible happens to us or someone close to us. And we feel upset, angry, sad, alone, afraid, or we end up in mourning. 

Remember, this is by all means not a suggestion that you feel fantastic if you are mugged, raped, beaten, abused, or lose a loved one. What I suggest is that every experience you have helps to shape you ... good or bad. And it is you who can decide how it will shape you. 

Yes, you can decide how you will internalize it, how you will feel about it, and what you will do about it. In essence, life may trip you or knock you down, and you may not have control over when and how that happens ... but only you decide if you will stay down or climb back to your feet, dust yourself off, and keep going. Only you will decide if a tragedy will bury you or launch you to greater heights. Remember, even if you fall on your face, it's still a forward move.

When I look back on my life, there were a lot of trips and falls. A lot. Those of you who know me personally know that it has not been Cinco de Mayo and Thanksgiving at Macy's. The list is extraordinary and includes nine cardiac surgeries among other horrible things. Each time, when the unexpected surprise and shock of all of these things happened, I was shoved to the ground and stepped on by Life, the wind knocked out of me, unable to catch my breath, and I didn’t know if I could keep going. But each and every time I got up and kept going, and what’s more ... I realized somewhere along the way that each and every one of these experiences made me who I am today, and I love who I am today. Would I change anything if I could? No. Absolutely not. Because it would've altered the journey that has brought me to where I am.

I learned that you can’t rescue someone else, and you can’t change them or force them to get better ... but i could change myself. I am who I am, and they are who they are. From having PTSD, anxiety, and panic attacks, it is helping me to realize that I don’t need to take life so seriously, and that nothing bad can ever really happen to me. Since I have already died and been brought back, I know there is nothing to fear from the other side ... it is just the pain and suffering of everything leading up to the ultimate exit that wreaks havoc in my mind. 

I have also learned that only I am responsible for my finances and that we should all be careful not to spend more than we make ... and to pay down debt as fast as we can. We never know when something will strike and we can no longer work the way we did ... or sometimes at all. Disability can strike at any time. 

From my perseverance through all types of adversity, I learned that I can stand on my own two feet, take care of myself, and even thrive emotionally as a complete and competent person. How would I have learned all these valuable lessons if I hadn’t had those “horrible” experiences? Life brings you the lessons you need to have. How you interpret your tragedies is up to you.

I’m not saying that if tragedy strikes that you should throw a party. Of course you are going to hurt. Of course you are going to be knocked down. Of course you’re going to wish it had never happened. But from that tragedy, you will find a lesson - and in the process - you may even help hundreds or perhaps thousands of other people. These events may inspire you to help others from having to go through the same. 

Life is perfect. Everything is as it should be simply because of the immutable Law of cause and effect. Life is full of opportunities to grow, learn, and help others. By the time you reach the end of this journey, you will have scars. It just means you were playing the game with all your might. Slide into home base with your physical nature completely worn-out, tattered, beaten-up ... no sense in over-preserving something that is destined for eventual decay. Use it, because you're gonna lose it.

Realize that life is not trying to beat you down on purpose. Life is trying to help you understand your-self. It’s trying to help you utilize your inner strength and power. It’s trying to help you use your free will to have an amazing life. It is trying to help raise your consciousness and awareness and become unified and reunited with your Divine Higher-Self.

If you’re not happy with your life, try changing your perspective. Change the way you think and see things. When you realize that you have the power to view life as a gift, even in the face of tragedy, your life will be good. You are a co-creator of your reality in this incarnation. Even when it’s bad, it will still be good. There’s tremendous power in that realization.

Just a thought ... 

~Justin Taylor, ORDM., OCP., DM.

My thanks to Erin Pavlina