04 April 2022

THE I AM PRESENCE WITHIN MANKIND

THE I AM PRESENCE WITHIN MANKIND 

As with many of my writings, I will begin this one with a very important element of ancient scripture found in the Book of Exodus in the Old Testament:

"And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them? And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you."
~Exodus 3:13-14 

Many of us are familiar with the literal and historical presentation and interpretation of this specific scriptural verse, but for now, we will go beyond the letter into the esoteric and metaphysical deeper meaning of this very important verse and teaching. "I AM" means awareness, being, Life principle, unconditioned consciousness. The Hindus use the word Aum (Om), it’s the same thing. It means the limitless one. It means the holy one who inhabited the eternity, whose name is perfect. Further, Om (Aum) is also described as a representation of the holy trinity of Hindu gods – Brahma, Vishnu, and Shiva, and in the Upanishads (an ancient Hindu text) as the essence of Brahman (the ultimate reality). Notice the similarity of Brahman and Abraham? 

Anyway, stay with me on this. When you say "I AM" you are stating a pure, unconditioned being. It is the creative power. It deals with the infinity of God. Another way of explaining it is this: “I” means the infinite, “A” comes from “Ab,” meaning the father (Abba), and “M” means the mother (Mater). In other words, the infinite is the father and mother that is God, the male and female principle. The ancient Hebrews said that God, in order to create, divided himself into two, male and female. This is the creative principal. 

Now, onto the concept of "Saviour" in a different light. Quoting Dr. Joseph Murphy: "The realization of your desire is your saviour. If you were lost in the woods, divine guidance or the light of God would illumine your pathway and reveal to you the way out. If you’re hungry, food is your saviour. If you’re dying of thirst in the desert, water is your saviour. If you’re in prison, freedom is your saviour. If you’re sick, health is your saviour." The answer is always WITHIN YOU, and the saving consciousness is within you, because God grows in you. “I rejoice in God, my saviour,” the Bible says. Knowledge and knowingness (gnosis) saves you from ignorance. Hosea 4:6 clearly states: "My people perish for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge..."

“Ye shall not need to fight in this battle. Set yourself, stand still, and see the salvation of the Lord.”
~2 Chronicles 20:17

The word salvation is an old Hindu term meaning "a solution to your problem, the answer to your prayer." Salvation means to be “saved.” As we explored above ... saved from what? From fear, ignorance, and superstition. You’re saved from sickness, disease, lack, limitation of all kinds. Why? Because you’re aware of the God presence within you and your capacity to contact it. When you call upon it, it answers you. It will be with you in times of trouble. It will set you on high because you known its name. Its name is nature, the way that it works.

You’re created in the image of God (think imagination), you’re male and female too. Your conscious Mind is the male, and your subconscious is the female. Whatever you impregnate or impress upon the subconscious, the female aspect of yourself, the subconscious brings forth, good, bad, or indifferent. This is the "child" of creation. And yet, it is all-inclusive ... ALL of creation. 

Ralph Waldo Emerson said, “Every man is God walking the earth.” In other words, God became man by believing Himself to BE man. Man is God, in limitation. Therefore you were born with certain talents and abilities. You’re unique, there’s no one in all the world like you, because you are you. Everyone else is already taken. 

You can also attach negative things to this I AM. Remember that whatever you attach to I AM with feeling and emotion, you will become. You can say, “I am dumb. I am inferior. I am rejected. I am no good. I am sick. I am frustrated. I am lonesome. I am unhappy. I am poor.” All these things will come to pass as long as you continue to repeat them. By doing this, these thoughts, words, and feelings, will sink down from your conscious Mind into your subconscious Mind, and just like seeds, they will grow after their time, and after their own kind. So be sure that you do not attach anything to I AM that is not honourable, Godlike, and dignified ... be sure it is instead, always positive and beneficial. Your state of consciousness is what you think, believe, and act upon. It’s your feelings, your emotions. It’s what you imagine yourself to be. Choose wisely. 

Just a thought ... 

Justin Taylor, ORDM.