12 June 2015

Unaware Miscommunication Among Each Other

Unaware Miscommunication Among Each Other

While visiting my local coffee shop today, there was a young boy and his Mom waiting in line to order. The Mother asked the boy what he wanted. He told her, but apparently, she wasn't paying attention when he spoke and yelled back at him ... "what is wrong with you, I asked you what do you want." Well now. I was all I had in me to keep my mouth shut but I did ... and kept watching to see how this was going to unfold.

The little boy looked up at her and said: "Mommy, I told you, but you weren't listening to me." She accused him of lying and reminded him who was the boss. I could literally feel his frustration. What was he thinking? Maybe it goes something like this: "Wow. Life is so unfair. Mom asked me what I wanted and I told her but because she didn't hear me she is blaming me ... and calling me a liar. Is this how a Mom should be teaching her child to be?" While we stood there, he paused for a moment, gathered his thoughts, and actually said: "But Mom, why would I lie? I answered you but you were talking to the lady and you didn't hear me." 

Wow. Good for him. Respectful, standing his ground, and explaining why she didn't hear him indicating he hadn't lied, but she simply didn't hear what he said because she was distracted by another conversation. "Alright" she said, "then what was it you wanted?" No apology, no remorse, and still with a really bad attitude. Now how do you think this child is going to grow up if this is the way that she communicates, or ... miscommunicates, on a daily basis?

You see the world has us caught in it's Laws. We can't escape them. They are here to help us if we would just recognize them. Once we understand what we can and cannot do, we will find ourselves more at home and less stressed. This Mom was clearly stressed on this day ... and that will have it's negative effect on her child. We all do this. Whether with family, friends, work, or strangers. When we come to the understanding that how we treat someone else, will become how we are treated ... we wake to the reality of Truth. 

The kid got his donut, Mom got her latte, and off they went. But, the negative energy and feelings she had left behind, affected all of us that remained. You see, what you think, say, or do ... affects more than just you. Your energy field extends well beyond your own physical body. And we all need to realize what sort of energetic field we are creating, rearranging, or leaving behind. 

I'll close with something usually accredited to Socrates, but it's the message that is most important. It is called the "Triple Filter."

"The first is the Filter is Truth. Have you made absolutely sure that what you are about to tell me is true?"

"The second filter, is the Filter of Goodness. Is what you are about to tell me something good?"

"The third is the Filter of Usefulness. Is what you want to tell me going to be useful to me or anyone else?"

Conclusion: "If what you want to tell me is neither true, nor good, nor even useful, then why tell it to me at all?"

We all need to think, before we speak. Words are powerful. Your word is your sword. The power of life and death is in the tongue. Your word is your wand ... choose carefully what you wish to manifest for yourself, and for others. 

Just a thought ... 

~Justin Taylor, ORDM., OCP., DM.